Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mendoza, Argentina

Hi everybody,

First I´ll tell you about the not so good part which really is just a continuation of the lost luggage saga. We did receive our luggage on Monday afternoon as we expected. However, on further inspection of the contents it turns out all the electronic items were missing including... my hair straightner, the electricity converter, all the extra memory for our camera (26GB), a flash drive (32GB), the cord for the camera to connect to the computer, an extra battery for the camera, the cord to charge the iPhone, an extra battery pack for the iPhone.... it sucks!!!! Anyway, we are still trying to do the appropriate paper work ect. for Delta. Everyone, except the airline people, has been very helpful including the people at the reception at our hotel and the travel agent that booked all our stuff here. She even went to the airport in Buenos Aires to the baggage claim desk to figure out what we had to do! We were most worried about not having a battery charger for the camera. I actually thought we might need to buy a new camera. However...we met someone on a tour who had the same camera as us but had it stolen. She did however still have the battery charger...what are the chances?!?!? Her charger had a british plug so we still had to find a cord but that turned out to be easier than we expected! We also bought some extra memery for the camera and of course another hair straightner for my bangs (otherwise I´d look like I had a handle bar mustache on my forehead!). So I think we´re in good shape again.


So on to the real story...On Monday afternoon, we went on a half day wine tour. There were only 8 people in our group which was very nice and a few of them were spanish speaking so at the wineries there were only 4 in our group. First we went to Carmine Granata a small traditional winery. We tried their cab sav and malbec. Then we went to Cavas di Don Arturo where we tried their cab sav, malbec and syrah. The tour guide at this winery was strangely snobby but we still had a nice time. The last stop on this tour was an olive oil factory...very interesting as I´ve never seen this before.


Unfortunately I have to cut this short and finish later because our ride is here to take us to the bus station. We´re leaving on an 8 hour bus to La Rioja. And just so everyone knows, Zach is doing very well. He´s a flirt for sure!

No comments: