Our last day as a tourist in Australia:( We had some shopping to do. So we took a bus to Manly Beach- did some shopping, then boarded the ferry to the city center. We immediately hopped on the ferry to Darling Harbour- good timing. Spectacular views of the city! It seems like everywhere you go we run into a beautiful beach with gorgeous sand and stunning blue water- and this is just the end of winter- I can only imagine what summer's like. We had lunch, walked around, shopped, took in one of the markets. We visited the Cultural Center where we watched a show on the didgeridoo and the aboriginal culture. Marc has become obsessed with learning to play the didgeridoo and yes, we are bringing one home. If he randomly starts puckering his lips, does weird things with his cheeks or spits on you, don't worry he's "just practicing". Sarah picked us up from the city and we went back to Dee Why beach for our last night in Sydney. We had a sausage sizzle with Sarah, Jim, and their neighbors. What a great place! And we couldn't have spent our time in Sydney with better people- to Sarah and 'Jeem'!!!!! (-who taught us all about Australian slang- and believe me when I say there's a lot! - fair dinkum, I reckon, D'reckon, chockablock, chockers, a bit, bloody oath, swimmers, barbie, I can't be bothered, etc. etc.etc. -never mind the things we just don't have at home like dingos, brumbies, Vegemite, cassowaries, kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, lorakeets--- to name just a few.) We also spent some time trying to immitate the faces on the beer koozies- now that was funny!!!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had no clue you guys went. I guessed I missed that. I cant wait to here the diggeridoo thing. Looks like you guys had an awesome time.
Post a Comment