Monday, October 04, 2010
Sun. Oct. 3, 2010 Salta
We had nothing specifically planned today so we took it easy in the morning. The thing I wanted to do most in Salta was see the MAAM museum. I thought it opened at 10am so we were there around 10:30. It didn´t open however until 11am. The museum is on the central square so we just hung out at a cafe and had cafe con leches until it opened. We ran into Albert and Paula again, and chatted with them. We did go to the museum and it was well worth it. I think it was in 1997 they found 3 Incan children (9, 7, and 6?) at the top of Volcano LLaullaima? (I need to check the details of this) at 6700 meters. Then were naturaly preserved and intact! This museum is about the discovery, the incan culture, and it actually displays the bodies (but just one per day- and in very specific conditions so as to continue the natural preservation)! We had audio info in English which was very helpful. The people were very nice. I was having problems with my audio and then realized that it was time to feed Zach so I asked if there was a bench somewhere. They actually let me sit in one of the offices at the museum to feed him! Anyway, after the museum, we briefly went back to the hostal to pick up our laundry (which we dropped off in the morning) at the nearby laudramat. We then headed out for a walk. We went to the top of a hill for a view of the city and had lunch there. Afterwards we walked to another archeological museum that was closed. Marc wasn´t very happy about that. None the less we walked back to the hostal where Zach proptly woke up from his short nap, ensuring we would need to go for another "early" dinner. We have thus far been unsucessful in getting Zach to nap later in the day. Having said that, he has been napping during the day where ever we are and sleeping through the night so who´s complaining!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment